Monday, January 10, 2011

Refashioned Sweater


My latest refashion project. Super easy! I found this Peruvian alpaca sweater for just a few dollars at the thrift store. Alpaca is soft and warm and I always buy the Peruvian sweaters when I find them.
Originally, it had long tan ribbed sleeves, kind of pilly and stretched out. There was also a zipper up the front. A little too "walk the mall" style. hehehe
I found the chain stitch that attached the sleeves and removed them. There were a few pieces of yarn that were sticking out from the color changes in the pattern, so I just wove them in. The raw edges of the armholes curl in nicely, but had they not, I could have sewn on a facing.  Removed the machine stitching that sewed the zipper on, and voila! A fashionable knit vest. 

7 comments:

Kcookski said...

and...now you're tired of it, right? so you can give it to me? that looks great. LOVE it with the tough belt wrapped around the waist.

Pagano DesignWorks said...

hahaha! It even has POCKETS! :)

Erica Louise said...

Love it..tell you what, when you're done with your winter, you can send to me and it will keep me warm in the Australian summer, then I'll send it back to you .. now thats proper recycling ;) hehe

Erica Louise said...

whoops, I mean keep me warm in Australian WINTER!!

Pagano DesignWorks said...

hmmm. this might be the perfect solution to my overcrowded closet. Wardrobe Timeshare!

EddieDuckling said...

I think you have come up with a whole new fantastic concept. Wardrobe timeshare indeed - I like it.
Cool refashion Jenni.

Take care,
Eddie

Mongs said...

you've got great ideas on your blog, I really enjoy looking at refashion projects. Thanks for sharing!