Wednesday, October 20, 2010

LOVEly pincushion

Had a weakness for small teacups since I was 11 and a friend gave me one for my birthday! Found these sweet little orphans and decided to make pincushions out of them. Filled with sand, they are heavy enough to stay put, unlike those damn tomatoes that roll all over when stabbed. (the "tea" is made of recycled sweaters...) I'll be showing at the Big Brothers Big Sisters show November 5-7 at Plaza Palomino, and these babies will be available for your gift-giving pleasure!

6 comments:

alexkeller said...

so adorable!!!!!

PuNk rAwK pUrL said...

best of luck at the show!
& i ❤ the embroidered hearts.

Eddie said...

We must be like kindred spirits of something. I was thinking of doing something exactly like this the other day but haven't got around to it yet. I even have the recycled sweater ready - leftovers from my yarn making.

But the ones you have made are beautiful. Might give up making them all together out of fear of them not being as lovely as yours here.

@EddieDuckling

Eddie said...

Oh and I forgot to say - good luck with the show!

Kcookski said...

those are soooooo darling!

Julie Erwin said...

This is the sweetest thing I have ever seen. I have a tiny demitasse that no longer holds espresso due to a hairline crack... Do you have a "how -to?"