Monday, March 15, 2010

Memories


I found this book last week and with it, a flood of memories! This was one of those books from childhood that changed me. I think I already knew how to sew when I got it, but its imaginative illustrations left a mark. Clearly, it was creative all the way through and I loved it! I remember poring over the Scholastic and Lucky book catalogs that arrived from school, choosing which books I wanted to order. The days that books arrived to take home were the best! Couldn't wait to get home and go through my new purchases. Hmmm. The more things change, the more they stay the same, don't they?


Sewing and making stuff makes me happy too!



2 comments:

alexkeller said...

the illustrations are so cute! it was destiny!

Kcookski said...

i wish i looked as happy as little plaid girl whenever i try to do something crafty...