Sunday, November 19, 2006

Dotty Purse (recycled sweater felt!)


Dotty is part of the Recycled Rosie series of items I make from recycled sweater felt. Six different colors of sweater felt plus a polka dotted silk blouse make up the majority of this small-ish handbag. You still get to use one of the shirt pockets, now inside for your cell phone or lipstick! Dotty measures 11” wide, 7” tall and handles hang about 5 inches. Each dot is carefully sewn on with embroidery floss and topped with a vintage button. The bag is edged in recycled silk yarn that I hand-dyed in my kitchen. Yes, that means this yarn was a sweater too! The bag closes with a tiny magenta button tab closure.

Look for Dotty in my Etsy store at http://paganodesignworks.etsy.com/ or email me for information regarding availability.

No comments: